Re: problems with existing entries disappearing

Karsten Künne wrote:
> On Thursday 02 November 2006 14:17, Antonio Broughton wrote:
>

>> I have a few questions:
>>

> Looks like a corrupt index. I had that a couple times in the past.
>

>> 1) Why would this entry be removed?
>>

> It's not removed, just missing from the index.
>

>> 2) Why when I try and add the entry, it says that it exists?
>>

> Because it's still there in the DB.
>

>> 3) Is there a way to fix it?
>>

> Reindex you DB. Stop slapd, remove all the indexes and run slapindex. Or
> slapcat/slapadd you DB (that's what I used to do).

I ran slapindex, but... it still occurs
>> 4) Am I doing something wrong?
>>

> You're using an outdated version, upgrade to 2.3.28 and if by chance you're
> using ldbm as your backend, switch to bdb or hdb! Most of these cases I
> remember I had with ldbm, I can't remember any case with bdb (but that
> doesn't mean it can't happen with bdb).
>

> Karsten.

I am using BDB as the backend...

Also, when I run slapcat, it also results in there being no data for the
entry!

Also, this is not a permissions issue, as using the admin user... I am
still unable to locate "mytestentry"

--
Antonio Broughton