Re: Retrieving userPassword via back-meta

On Wed, 15 Mar 2006, Pierangelo Masarati wrote:

> To summarize: you're saying that the "pseudorootdn" stuff no longer works
> in back-meta as of 2.3.20, correct?  It may well be possible, as that area
> saw a lot of development recently.  I suggest you file an ITS; can you
> design a very simple, self-contained example that shows the issue, just to
> ease tracking the issue?  A one-target meta with as little ACL as possible
> should be fine.

It turned out to be a configuration error (and I hadn't included that bit
of slapd.conf).  The meta backend had no rootdn/rootpw defined, but quite
happily accepted the one I gave it, resulting in an anonymous rebind to
the underlying suffix.

Why this worked in 2.2 is anyone's guess...

--
Dave Horsfall  DTM  VK2KFU  daveh@ci.com.au  Ph: +61 2 9552-5509 (d) -5500 (sw)
Corinthian Engrng P/L, Ste 54 Jones Bay Whf, 26-32 Pirrama Rd, Pyrmont 2009, AU