Re: Synchronization to distant locations over high-latency/low-bandwidth

On Wed Mar 15 2006 at 19:19:40 CET, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

> I use the following across all my replicas:
>
> syncrepl        rid=0
>                        provider=ldap://MASTERALIAS.stanford.edu:389
>                        logbase="cn=accesslog"
> logfilter="(&(objectClass=auditWriteObject)(reqResult=0))"

What happens when the consumer is started empty, as in "has never pulled
any data before"? Will it then initially perform a full syncrepl
replication to load itself and then switch to using logfilter=, or does
it always use logfilter= ?

In other words, if I have the provider slapd purge its accesslog database
every twenty days, and a consumer is powered up on the thirtieth day,
what will it miss?

	-JP