Re: master ldap database is not getting populated

Both master and slave are using openldap-2.2.28.
  Both are also using Berkekely db (db-4.3.28.NC). the only difference is that the master ldap/database backened packages are compiled on itanium platform. The slave ldap is running on an x-86 platform. I don't know if that's the reason why trying to bring up slapd on master after copying the database files to from slave to master failed.
under openldap-data there are these files.
  __db.001  __db.004   id2entry.bdb
__db.002  __db.005   log.0000000001
__db.003  dn2id.bdb  objectClass.bdb

  can anyone please tell me where are the ldap entries stored?. what does __db files and log files used for?

  The way i tried to do a restore from slave to master is by copying all the above files
  to the openldap-data of the master.

  Thanks
  Moe

Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@stanford.edu> wrote:

--On Thursday, December 08, 2005 10:38 AM -0800 Moe
wrote:

> My master database has currently 60 missing entries. I tried to restore
> the database from the slave database but its didn't work cause Berkeley
> Db is different version. How can i track the different entries and
> maybe manually add them to the master database?. Im trying to find a
> quick easy way to restore my missing entries. Im not sure if i can use
> slave database to export the missing entries to an ldiff file and then
> use the ldiff file to populate the master database. I also don't know
> how to find what entries are missing in the master ldap.
> thanks

Do a slapcat and a diff of both of them, maybe.

What version is the master running? what database backend?

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer