Re: master ldap database is not getting populated

You cannot copy the raw database files from a 64-bit architecture to a 32-bit architecture.

In general you should not copy raw database files at all, use slapcat and slapadd like the Admin Guide says.

Moe wrote:
Both master and slave are using openldap-2.2.28.
Both are also using Berkekely db (db-4.3.28.NC). the only difference is that the master ldap/database backened packages are compiled on itanium platform. The slave ldap is running on an x-86 platform. I don't know if that's the reason why trying to bring up slapd on master after copying the database files to from slave to master failed. under openldap-data there are these files.
__db.001 __db.004 id2entry.bdb __db.002 __db.005 log.0000000001 __db.003 dn2id.bdb objectClass.bdb can anyone please tell me where are the ldap entries stored?. what does __db files and log files used for? The way i tried to do a restore from slave to master is by copying all the above files to the openldap-data of the master. Thanks
Moe