Re: Corrupt LDAP DB ...

Jose Ildefonso Camargo Tolosa wrote:
I think it is. OpenLDAP almost depends on Berkley DB, so it should
give some info in the "general" documentation (there is info, in the
FAQ-o-matic), or at least warn about how fragile BDB is.
Recent versions (2.3.x) warn (to syslog) if you don't have a DB_CONFIG
file for any bdb or hdb database.

Cool. It was about time, it took two versions to implement that
(please note that I actually give support for OpenLDAP, so I'm not new
to it).

If you thought this was such a problem two versions ago, why didn't you file an ITS on it back then? Whining on the discussion list doesn't get problems resolved. If you've identified a specific weakness, but don't report it, you shouldn't be surprised that it doesn't get fixed sooner. You have only yourself to blame, for not filing the report.

--
 -- Howard Chu