Re: Corrupt LDAP DB ...

lau den 05.11.2005 Klokka 17:17 (+0200) skreiv Buchan Milne:

[...]

> I don't use RedHat, and I don't recoment it's use.

There's nothing wrong with RedHat as a distribution. Just don't use
their packages (at least RHEL2.1, RHEL3, RHEL4 and any Fedora up to
FC3 at least).

I'd second Buchan's remark (and thereby willingly fly in the face of all-comers). I'm a dedicated RHAS (3&4) user, production too, it's probably the most versatile and stable OS I've ever come across (on IBM hardware) in umpteen (at least 15) years of Unix and Linux sysadmining.

Only the Red Hat OL offering (amongst a couple of others, not many) is
lousy, as it always has been.

So I'm now using Buchan's openldap-2.3.11-6mdk.src.rpm srpm on RHAS4.
It's not for the faint-hearted, you do need at least a modicum of
rpm/rpmbuild and OL (not to speak of RHAS) knowledge, but it's a
brilliant product that's been worked on for many years. I've thanked him
privately, now I do it publicly.

--Tonni

--
Mail: tonye@billy.demon.nl