Re: Problems After Upgrade

--On Thursday, September 29, 2005 1:41 PM -0700 David Wheeler <justatheory@gmail.com> wrote:

On 9/29/05, Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@stanford.edu> wrote:

You know that there were incompatible changes made between 2.2 and 2.3 to
the database structure, right?  You can't simply install the new source
and start slapd... You have to slapcat your old database with the 2.2
binaries, and then slapadd your database with the new binaries...

Yes, that's what I figured out, though it was only a guess based on my knowledge of the same sort of thing in PostgreSQL. I found no note in the INSTALL or README files about it, which would have been handy.

Please keep replies to the list.

Every release of OpenLDAP I've dealt with (2.0->2.1->2.2->2.3) has required a database export/import... There is a reason the version number is a major change rather than a minor one. ;)

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer