Re: Problems After Upgrade

--On Thursday, September 29, 2005 1:46 PM -0700 David Wheeler <justatheory@gmail.com> wrote:

On 9/29/05, Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@stanford.edu> wrote:

Please keep replies to the list.

Oops, sorry, not used to Gmail. I only used it because my main email server was down because OpenLDAP was down. :-)

Every release of OpenLDAP I've dealt with (2.0->2.1->2.2->2.3) has
required a database export/import... There is a reason the version
number is a major change rather than a minor one. ;)

Yep, and that was why I guessed correctly about the issue.

But what's the deal with the "Expect poor performance for suffix"
message in the log?

No idea.. What database backend is it using? I've never seen that message before.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer