Re: OpenLDAP + RHEL4 - time to time database crash (BDB backend)

Now I just have to wait and see if everything is going to be okay.
Anyway, in two weeks I plan a total change of the distribution and
then I'll pay much attention to BDB version and so on.

Btw. - are you using 2.3.7 in productive environment?

Not right now, but I will be starting at 2AM EST tomorrow. I've done some extensive testing in my lab with it and it seems pretty stable. We are using 2.0.27 w/ ldbm backend in production now, so I'm not any more worried about 2.3 than I am about that.

I am going with the following setup tonight for my push into production.

openldap 2.3.7 w/ syncprov.c from HEAD
bdb 4.2.52 backend with 4 patches from sleepycat and 1 patch from openldap
 (openldap-2.3.7/build/BerkeleyDB42.patch)
using syncprov for replication

-Dusty