Re: slapd stops processing searches

--On Monday, September 12, 2005 10:43 PM +0200 Anders Martensson <Anders.Martensson@omv.lu.se> wrote:

Hi!

I wonder if anyone has any pointers on what to look for when
investigating why slapd stops processing search requests.

It always stops after it's done 24 searches, no matter the order I do the
search. The slapd is running thoug, no heavy load on the server and
programs can connect, but they don't get a response to their bind
request, and slapd does not log that request either when it gets in this
"mood". kill -1 doesn't work either, I have to do kill -9 to restart
slapd.

This is on a small testing environment with only some 30-40 objects in
the tree. Versions I currently use: OpenLDAP: 2.3.7
Berkley DB: 4.3.27

Have tried with OpenLDAP 2.2.23 and 2.2.26 too. Cleaned out the
databasefiles (through rm) and then reinstalled BDB and OpenLDAP and
repopulated it with slapadd.

I'm sorry in advance if this is a newbie thing, as I am new to both
OpenLDAP and BDB. I have tried and search mail archive and through Google
to find a solution, but nothing came up.

Have you tried with BDB 4.3.28 or BDB 4.2.52+patches?

OpenLDAP works for thousands of searches for me...

Have you looked at what happens when you turn on debugging? (slapd -d -1)

Are you running out of memory? Do you set any cachesize or idlcachesize variables? What database backend are you using? (back-bdb, back-hdb, back-ldbm)

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer