slapd stops processing searches

Hi!

I wonder if anyone has any pointers on what to look for when investigating why slapd stops processing search requests.

It always stops after it's done 24 searches, no matter the order I do the search. The slapd is running thoug, no heavy load on the server and programs can connect, but they don't get a response to their bind request, and slapd does not log that request either when it gets in this "mood". kill -1 doesn't work either, I have to do kill -9 to restart slapd.

This is on a small testing environment with only some 30-40 objects in the tree. Versions I currently use:
OpenLDAP: 2.3.7
Berkley DB: 4.3.27

Have tried with OpenLDAP 2.2.23 and 2.2.26 too. Cleaned out the databasefiles (through rm) and then reinstalled BDB and OpenLDAP and repopulated it with slapadd.

I'm sorry in advance if this is a newbie thing, as I am new to both OpenLDAP and BDB. I have tried and search mail archive and through Google to find a solution, but nothing came up.

Regards
Anders Mårtensson
ITservice, Dept. of Health Science, Lund University, Sweden