Re: ACL optimization

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
As a curiosity, servers matched by the first rules are about 5 or 6 times
faster to response than servers matched by last rules. I thought that
the ACL evaluation time will be uniform because the whole set of rules
would be evaluated. this makes sense to someone?

This give me an extra advantage because I can sort the most important
servers first to grant a fast response to critical apps.
ACL evaluation results are stored in the idl cache, so the more a given rule is exercised, the quicker the result sets to that rule should be, if you have a good idl cache setting.
No they are not. Index lookups are cached by the IDL cache; that has nothing to do with ACL evaluation.

--
 -- Howard Chu