Re: poor performance of OpenLDAP vs AD?

Or perhaps it's possible to configure OpenLDAP in a way, that we can "temporarily" edit slave database when the connection to the master is broken, and when the connection is back, changes are sent to the master, which in turn decides on what to do with it?

I am very interested in a solution where we would have a highly
available Master server. How can I achieve that? Turning a slave to a
master using a automatic mechanism when the master seems to be the only
option. Am I correct?

I doubt it.
That would perhaps mean that you have to stop the server, reconfigure it, and start again. A few seconds when it's offline.

Then a *precise* detection if master is up or down could be very hard, too.

-- Tomek

Najnowsze wiadomosci!!! >>> http://link.interia.pl/f18a0