Re: slurpd trouble

--On Wednesday, June 29, 2005 4:01 PM -0500 Scott Mayo <sgmayo@mail.bloomfield.k12.mo.us> wrote:

How do I do this?  I can do a 'ldapsearch -x -b
"dc=bes-serve,dc=bloomfield.k12.mo.us" "(objectclass=*)"
and I get all of the information.

bind id in this case would be your replica's bind DN. This should prompt you for the password.

Did you create a cn=replica,.... entry?

Yes, I created the replica entry.

  Did you use a clear text password, or a hash scheme as can be created
using slappasswd?

I am just using a clear text password right now

   If you used a clear text password, did you build OpenLDAP with clear
text
passwords enabled?

How can I tell this? LDAP was installed when I intalled Fedora Core 3.

No idea, I avoid redhat like the plague. I'm sure there is some way to get the spec file used to build OpenLDAP for that system and find out the compile options.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITSS/Shared Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html