Re: slurpd trouble

--On Wednesday, June 29, 2005 2:36 PM -0500 Scott Mayo <sgmayo@mail.bloomfield.k12.mo.us> wrote:

The binddn should be "cn=replica,dc=bes-serve,dc=bloomfield.k12.mo.us"

You are missing the second dc= bit.

Good grief!!! This is the 3rd Typo that I have found.....well two I found, 1 you did. :)

That seemed to have go me a bit farther now, it seems the only error that
I see is this:

Error:  ldap_simple_bind_s for bms-serve.bloomfield.k12.mo.us:389 failed:
Invalid Credentials

I have made the password the same on everything 'secret', just to make it
easy on this test server.  Isn't that what the Credentials are talking
about?

Thanks for the help.

The credentials in this case refers to the userPassword attribute assigned to the entry "cn=replica,dc=bes-serve,dc=bloomfield.k12.mo.us" in your LDAP database. If you cannot bind as this entity using ldapsearch, there is no way replication is going to work.

Did you create a cn=replica,.... entry? Did you use a clear text password, or a hash scheme as can be created using slappasswd? If you used a clear text password, did you build OpenLDAP with clear text passwords enabled?

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer