De: acqant@optonline.net [mailto:acqant@optonline.net]
Enviado el: miércoles, 29 de junio de 2005 16:06
Para: CN=Ivan Garcia/OU=Espana/O=Leroy Merlin
Asunto: Re: One small question

Ivan.Garcia@leroymerlin.es wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am a small question and i´d like to know if you could resolve me it.
>
> I have a ldap running in one machine and I have been it configured with
> loglevel par default, ok, when I try to access to ldap I have a time
delay
> to access to this. I have been trying and when I put in the slapd.conf
the
> directive "loglevel 0"  the ldap running very very fast and the access
> this, is more fast. Too I have tried to change the value loglevel to
> "loglevel 8 ...." and the problem persist.
>
> How can I fix this problem?, because i´d like to have logs but I don?t
> want that the ldap go slow.
>
> Any idea?
>

> Best Regards
>
> Frost.

What does your syslog.conf look like?

Try adding a - to the logfile in syslog.conf

local4.debug                    -/var/log/slapd

 You  may  prefix  each  entry with the minus ``-'' sign to
       omit syncing the file after every logging.  Note that  you
       might  lose information if the system crashes right behind
       a write attempt.  Nevertheless this might  give  you  back
       some  performance, especially if you run programs that use
       logging in a very verbose manner.