Multiple suffixes per server

I don't think that is possible with OpenLDAP, but I'm willing to be
convinced otherwise; I've also been told that this called
"multi-mastering", but I know that that's the wrong term.

Let's say that BigCorp.com (dc=BigCorp,dc=com) has just been taken over by
Cobber.com.au (dc=Cobber,dc=com,dc=au).  As is the wont of ways like this,
both need to retain their corporate identities despite the hierarchy, with
the possibility of having the directory available to the public.

In other words, I need to serve "dc=BigCorp,dc=com" and
"dc=Cobber,dc=com,dc=au" side by side, on the one server.  I can do it
with separate servers, but there is the need to inform client programs
just which server to use (DNS LDAP discovery and 2.3/HEAD?).  I can also
run several SLAPD instances on the one server, but again there is the
problem of informing the client (which could be Joe Q. Public).

So, it is possible to run non-overlapping suffixes on one server?

--
Dave Horsfall  DTM  VK2KFU  daveh@ci.com.au  Ph: +61 2 8425-5508 (d) -5500 (sw)
Corinthian Engineering, Level 1, 401 Pacific Hwy, Artarmon, NSW 2064, Australia