Re: slapcat vs. ldapsearch

Tim Nelson writes:
>On Thu, 13 Jan 2005, Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:
>> -b '' -s base asked ldapsearch to show you the special object with name
>> '', and ldapsearch did so.  Use -b 'cn=sync,ou=Rpc,dc=webalive,dc=biz'
>> instead.
>
>  	I'm afraid it doesn't.
> --------------------------
> # ldapsearch -x -LLL -b 'cn=sync,ou=Rpc,dc=webalive,dc=biz'  -D 'cn=sync,ou=Rpc,dc=webalive,dc=biz'
> No such object (32)

Didn't it say 'Matched DN: some DN' after that?

You could try
  ldapsearch -x -LLL -b 'your suffix from slapd.conf, or the matched DN'
             -s sub "(&)" 1.1
to see which objects are present.

Still, I can't think of much else than a corrupted database, which would
need to be rebuilt with slapadd.  (You could use the data from slapcat,
but of course that might be corrupted...)

Well, or ldap.conf could point at the wrong ldap server, if you have
another server where the bind DN also exists.  If so, '-h servername'
should help.

Of course, 'upgrade to the latest Stable version' also tends ot be a
good answer, in particular if you are using the OpenLDAP which comes
with RedHat:-)

--
Hallvard