slapcat vs. ldapsearch

Hi all. I've got a problem in that slapcat shows that there's a bucketload of info in ldap, but ldapsearch doesn't show much.

For example, slapcat produces this information (among others) if I just run it with no parameters:
--------------------------------
# slapcat
dn: cn=sync,ou=Rpc,dc=webalive,dc=biz
objectClass: oncRpc
objectClass: top
oncRpcNumber: 100104
cn: sync
cn: na.sync
--------------------------------

If I do an ldapsearch, I don't seem to be able to get this information out:

--------------------------------
# ldapsearch -x -LLL -b '' -s base  -D 'cn=sync,ou=Rpc,dc=webalive,dc=biz'
dn:
objectClass: top
objectClass: OpenLDAProotDSE

Question; is there something obvious I'm missing? eg. a command line option to ldapsearch?

	Thanks all,

--
Tim Nelson
Server Administrator