Re: Something unclear about OpenLDAP server.

--On Thursday, December 16, 2004 9:39 PM +0800 Penghui Wang <wangpenghui@realss.com> wrote:

hi all:

    I am a new administrator. And I am use OpenLDAP + Cyrus-IMAPd+Postfix
to implement my Email Server. And all the entries  in OpenLDAP are all
the accounts of another Collaboration
groupware----egroupware(http://www.egroupware.org).
    Now there are about 500 entries in my OpenLDAP database.
But it have been crashed four times during half a year. 500 is hearvy for
a OpenLDAP server?
Or any other configuration problems?
Here are my configuration:
include         /etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/corba.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/java.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/misc.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/nis.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/openldap.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/qmail.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/phpgwcontact.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/phpgwaccount.schema
pidfile         /var/run/openldap/slapd.pid
argsfile        /var/run/openldap/slapd.args
timelimit       30
loglevel        256
password-hash   {MD5}
disallow        bind_anon
database        bdb
suffix          "dc=example,dc=com"
rootdn          "cn=Manager,dc=example,dc=com"
rootpw          password
directory       /var/lib/openldap-data
index   objectClass     eq

Because of the entries would often change. So i have not set the index.
Each time after it crashed, I clean the /var/lib/openldap-data/ then
import the backup ldif file. Then it would work well.
I remind that one time it said could not init the BDB. Another time it
said nothing.

I am not good at it. So i ask for your help.

Thanks in advance.

My current version is openldap-2.1.30-r1 in a gentoo box.

It looks like you are missing indexing that you likely need, for starters. I suggest figuring out what search filters are being performed, and indexing appropriately. See <http://www.openldap.org/faq/index.cgi?_highlightWords=index&file=42>

Also, you don't say what your DB_CONFIG file for BDB looks like (or you don't have one). You need to properly configure your BDB database as well via the DB_CONFIG file. See <http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/1075.html>

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer