Something unclear about OpenLDAP server.

hi all:

I am a new administrator. And I am use OpenLDAP + Cyrus-IMAPd+Postfix to implement my Email Server. And all the entries in OpenLDAP are all the accounts of another Collaboration groupware----egroupware(http://www.egroupware.org).
Now there are about 500 entries in my OpenLDAP database.
But it have been crashed four times during half a year. 500 is hearvy for a OpenLDAP server?
Or any other configuration problems?
Here are my configuration:
include /etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
include /etc/openldap/schema/corba.schema
include /etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema
include /etc/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema
include /etc/openldap/schema/java.schema
include /etc/openldap/schema/misc.schema
include /etc/openldap/schema/nis.schema
include /etc/openldap/schema/openldap.schema
include /etc/openldap/schema/qmail.schema
include /etc/openldap/schema/phpgwcontact.schema
include /etc/openldap/schema/phpgwaccount.schema
pidfile /var/run/openldap/slapd.pid
argsfile /var/run/openldap/slapd.args
timelimit 30
loglevel 256
password-hash {MD5}
disallow bind_anon
database bdb
suffix "dc=example,dc=com"
rootdn "cn=Manager,dc=example,dc=com"
rootpw password
directory /var/lib/openldap-data
index objectClass eq

Because of the entries would often change. So i have not set the index.
Each time after it crashed, I clean the /var/lib/openldap-data/ then import the backup ldif file. Then it would work well.
I remind that one time it said could not init the BDB. Another time it said nothing.

I am not good at it. So i ask for your help.

Thanks in advance.

My current version is  openldap-2.1.30-r1 in a gentoo box.

Wang Penghui