Re: openldap 2.1.30 + gentoo +ssl [self signed problem again]

Florin Angelescu wrote:

1) Could you add Fully Qualified Domain Name and IP address of LDAP server
into /etc/hosts of LDAP client, in case your DNS could not resolve properly
the FQDN on which CA Cert and OpenSSL is depending, and make sure you have
"hosts: files dns" in /etc/nsswitch.conf.

already did

2) I don't understand this line:
security simple_bind=64
If you don't need it and remove it, after restarting LDAP server, will it
help?
but your "ldapsearch -Z" is using the default SASL bind?

indeed

That option controls the security strength factor required for simple authentication, so I think if you remove it you're letting your users to do simple bind transmitting their passwords over the wire without any encryption. Are you sure you're still using TLS/SSL to protect simple binds?

ldapsearch by default uses SASL authentication, to force simple binds you must use the -x option.

Have you tried the solution I gave you in a previous post? In addition, you should change your TLS certs section of slapd.conf to somthing like this:

TLSCACertificatePath    /etc/ssl/certs
TLSCertificateFile /etc/openldap/servercert.pem
TLSCertificateKeyFile /etc/openldap/serverkey.pem

   HTH, best regards
   Jose