Connecting to OpenLDAP

All,

I am using the LDAPBrowser to connect to my OpenLDAP instance which works only if I connect anonymously; otherwise, I get a an “authentication failed” error message which may be due to the user account I am connecting as.

In the slapd.conf file I have specified the cn as Manager and its password as secret which I believe is the default.

Do I need to create an LDAP user ? if so, what is the best way in doing so. I see that when OpenLDAP was installed, its group and user were ldap.ldap; I have no idea what the ldap user’s password is though. This would be the Linux ldap user and not an OpenLDAP user.

Please send me an email to anye@caripito.com if you have any suggestions.

Have a great day,
Anye

anye@caripito.com