Re: Migrating from Netscape Ldap to Openldap

Hi Quanah,

Thanks for your reply. I've dumped the database out to an ldf file and
examined it. The problem I appear to be running into is that instead of
using attributes like "username" or "userpassword", all of the
information is being dumped as "newoakuser" or "newoakuserpassword".

I've tried going into the ldf file to replace all of the "newoak*" with
the Openldap equivalent, but when I do, I lose all the ability to
communicate with the Vpn device. In contrast, trying to import the
"newoak*" information into Openldap results in "Unknown attribute
newoak*" and a failed import. Do you know if it's possible to map
between the two formats or if a schema exists that correlates with
"newoak*?"

I've searched the internet looking for "newoak" schemas or instructions
on setting up attributes mappings but have not been able to find
anything which would allow me to merge the two.

Preston