Re: FD_SETSIZE problems on a high-end server

I benched my servers under load and I really have best results with a
high number of threads. I see two explanations for that :
- I'm using a bi-p4 processeur, so 4 CPUs are found by Linux.
- I'm using back-meta. In fact I think that if I reduce the number of
threads, the server responds more quickly but often that it can't
respond. Whereas with more threads the responses are slower (because the
 system takes more time in context switching), but all ok. Moreother I
didn't need to increase the number of threads on the real OpenLDAP
servers (those with bdb).
Do you think my analysis is correct ? :)

Raphael Ouazana.

<http://www.openldap.org/faq/index.cgi?file=1129>http://www.openldap.org/faq/index.cgi?file=1129