Re: FD_SETSIZE problems on a high-end server

Quoting Raphaël Ouazana-Sustowski <raphael.ouazana@linagora.com>:

> Selon Todd Lyons <tlyons@ivenue.com>:
>
> > I'm averaging around 120 concurrent connections.  This is far below
> > the
> > 1024 limit that the above FAQ item suggests.  I've tried increasing
> > the
> > max threads up to 32 (from the implicit default of 16) in slapd.conf
> > and
> > saw no change.
>
> If your connections are all active, you may need to increase max threads
> up to about 120.

This is not correct.  There is no direct connection between the number of
threads available to the slapd process and the number of connections
available.  In fact, increasing the number of threads can have very
negative impacts on the directory server.  The threads paramater should be
used with caution and a lot of testing to see how your server is impacted.

--Quanah