Re: two problems when migrating from 2.1.30 to 2.2.15

Hallo Horward,

I have applied patch which you have mentioned in your email. I have
applied it to Berkeley DB 4.2.52-no-cryptography-patch2 and
openldap-2.2.15. "make test" of openldap fails like this:

backend_startup: starting "o=OpenLDAP Project,l=Internet"
bdb_db_open: o=OpenLDAP Project,l=Internet
bdb_db_open: dbenv_open(./testrun/db.1.a)
bdb_db_open: db_open(./testrun/db.1.a) failed: Unknown error: 512 (512)
backend_startup: bi_db_open failed! (512)
slapd shutdown: initiated
====> bdb_cache_release_all
slapd shutdown: freeing system resources.
bdb(o=OpenLDAP Project,l=Internet): Database handles open during
environment
close
bdb_db_destroy: close failed: Invalid argument (22)
slapd stopped.
connections_destroy: nothing to destroy.

Do you know if it is expected result? Or am I doing something wrong? It
seems that you prepared patches against CVS head for both openldap and
berkeley ...

Actually, I am looking for using openldap-2.2.15 because it allows to
specify "limits" via groups. I also can not allow myself to accomulate
log files as I get 100s of them. If it is such a big problem for me to
get 2.2.x to work properly, would it be realistic from your point of
view to get that "limits" functionality from 2.2.x in 2.1.30? Of course,
a patch for this from openldap.org would be best solution -:)

Thanx a lot and best regards, vadim tarassov.