Re: two problems when migrating from 2.1.30 to 2.2.15

vadim wrote:

Hallo Horward,

I have applied patch which you have mentioned in your email. I have
applied it to Berkeley DB 4.2.52-no-cryptography-patch2 and
openldap-2.2.15. "make test" of openldap fails like this:

backend_startup: starting "o=OpenLDAP Project,l=Internet"
bdb_db_open: o=OpenLDAP Project,l=Internet
bdb_db_open: dbenv_open(./testrun/db.1.a)
bdb_db_open: db_open(./testrun/db.1.a) failed: Unknown error: 512 (512)
backend_startup: bi_db_open failed! (512)
slapd shutdown: initiated
====> bdb_cache_release_all
slapd shutdown: freeing system resources.
bdb(o=OpenLDAP Project,l=Internet): Database handles open during
environment
close
bdb_db_destroy: close failed: Invalid argument (22)
slapd stopped.
connections_destroy: nothing to destroy.

Do you know if it is expected result? Or am I doing something wrong? It
seems that you prepared patches against CVS head for both openldap and
berkeley ...

No, that is not the expected result. I've never seen that before, it appears that you patched or built things wrong but I don't know what you might have done. Note that db_open is called before any part of my patches are run, so it seems your problem is unrelated.

Actually, I am looking for using openldap-2.2.15 because it allows to
specify "limits" via groups. I also can not allow myself to accomulate
log files as I get 100s of them. If it is such a big problem for me to
get 2.2.x to work properly, would it be realistic from your point of
view to get that "limits" functionality from 2.2.x in 2.1.30? Of course,
a patch for this from openldap.org would be best solution -:)

2.1 is now officially dead. There will be no more patches released for 2.1.

Thanx a lot and best regards, vadim tarassov.