Re: Ask for suggestion with limit time in slapd.conf

--On Monday, August 23, 2004 4:37 PM +0800 Wang Penghui <wangpenghui@realss.com> wrote:

Hi all:

I know that in slapd.conf there are two parameter could  control the
limit of time. One is idletimeout while the other is timelimit. I am
really a newbie with it. Could anyone give me a suggestion about that
what is the suitable number should i set it to be. And what's the
different between them.

idletimeout is how long the server waits before closing an idle connection.

timelimit is how long the server allows an active connection to perform a query before ending the query.

Also see the "limits" directive.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITSS/Shared Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html