Re: BINDDN in ldap.conf

Thanks a lot !
That was the point. I didn't understand the "user-only"  sentence.

Artur

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

--On Friday, July 23, 2004 4:08 AM -0700 "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <Kurt@OpenLDAP.org> wrote:

At 12:52 AM 8/23/2004, Artur Kokoszka wrote:

bindpw is not an OpenLDAP directive.

So why it is described in the manual of ldap.conf (even on openldap.org)
? ;)
http://www.openldap.org/software/man.cgi?query=ldap.conf&apropos=0&sekti

on=0&manpath=OpenLDAP+2.1-Release&format=html

It (bindpw) isn't.

And, I think you are confusing BINDPW with BINDDN.

Note that the man page you are referencing distinctly says that BINDDN is a "user-only option" which means you'd expect to find that in the ".ldaprc" file for a user, not the "ldap.conf" file that holds system wide parameters.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer