Re: slapd segfaults with SASL/GSSAPI binds

--On Thursday, July 08, 2004 10:04 AM -0500 Christopher Schadl <cschadl@satan.org.uk> wrote:

On Wed, 2004-07-07 at 22:38, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
--On Wednesday, July 07, 2004 10:18 PM -0500 Christopher Schadl
<cschadl@satan.org.uk> wrote:

Okay, first thing is to go over what Howard wrote.

Second thing:  You need to upgrade your version of Heimdal to at least
0.6,  I suggest 0.6.1.  0.5.1 was the first Heimdal release that was
even  remotely safe when it comes to threading, and it needed some
patches.

Okay, I'll look into that. For the record, I was able to work around the problem by modifying my /etc/nsswitch.conf and removing the 'db' methods for the "protocols", "services", "ethers" and "rpc" named services, although I suspcet simply removing the db method for "services" would have sufficed.

Anyway, thanks for all your help.

Well, that still won't fix the threading issues in that old version of Heimdal. ;) They won't show up as segfaults, simply very bad connection rates.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITSS/Shared Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html