Re: LDAP Sync or Slurpd?

--On Thursday, May 13, 2004 8:52 AM +0200 Ottavio Campana <ottavio@campana.vi.it> wrote:

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
Syncrepl is supposed to be the eventual replacement for slurpd, since
slurpd isn't maintained overall.  There are a number of advantages to
syncrepl over slurpd long term.  Faster updates (we currently have an
issue with the speed at which slurpd replicates, so we give a few select
systems access to the master) is one on our list.  Another interesting
capability with syncrepl is that you can give a specific replica its own
access rule, which means that you can replicate not only subtrees, but
only certain entries in subtrees.

will it support multimaster replica?

No idea. AFAIK, multimaster is pretty much dead (as in, no development is occurring) in OL anyway.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer