RE: multiple attribute search with single return slowness

Using Jehan Procaccia's rpm packages is probably a great deal less work than
trying to get Red Hat's packages to function properly.  I'm speaking as someone
who has done both, personally.

Besides, the OpenLDAP developers are not supporting 2.0.27, full stop.  Neither
is Red Hat, despite what your bosses may think.

So what are your choices?  What's *really* the least amount of work?  Searching
the entire source code of 2.0.27 in order to find answers to your questions, or
using 2.1.25 and getting answers from the developers?

If your company insists on supported software (and they are not IBM-sized) Red
Hat is a bad choice for you, unless you are going to get a supplementary
support contract with a commercial LDAP shop like Symas or PADL.

--Charlie