Re: multiple attribute search with single return slowness

On Mon, 2004-04-26 at 14:53, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
> We have 60k users, and our mail servers do over a million lookups a day.
> We also have labs doing posixAccount lookups, etc.  Everything is speedy. ;)

Cool I didn't really think it was due to OpenLDAP but something I am
doing wrong.  We just use this one for email.

> > for instance:
> >
> > (&(|(mail=%s)(mailalternateaddress=%s))(accountstatus=active))
> > which I ask to return "mailmessagestore"
> >
> > and
> >
> > (|(mail=%s)(mailalternateaddress=%s))
> > which I have return "mailforwardingaddress"
>
> Have you turned up logging (like loglevel 256) in slapd.conf and looked to
> see if you get index param errors?  That generally means you have the wrong
> indexing.
No I will try this tomorrow when running a few test on site.

> > 4-I tried adjusting my indexes in slapd.conf:
> > mail,mailalternateaddress,accountstatus,mailmessagestore,mailforwardingad
> > dress eq 	Unfortunately after doing this and rebuilding the indexes I
> > started loosing the ability to log in and other odd errros developed
> > until I undid this.
> > **actaully I am hoping someone can tell what I messed up on this ont as
> > proper indexes are my best hope.**
>
> I suggest reading:
>
> <http://www.stanford.edu/services/directory/openldap/configuration/slapd-conf-replica.html>
>
> about indexes and the cachesize command.
Opps Cachesize was not set. Amazing I don't know how I missed this item.

> You also do not list what backend you are using, and how it is configured.
Red Hat stock version uses LDBM my custom compile is using BerkeleyDB
(BDB)

--
David Blomberg
AIS, APS, ASE, CCNA, LCP, LCA, Linux+, LPI I, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, RHCE, Server+