Re: Cannot Index uniqueMember ( uniqueMemberMatch)

This may be unrelated to your situation, or it may be the reason you are trying to index uniqueMember.

We wanted to index uniqueMember because when our install of red hat enterprise linux 3 does a lookup for group (as dictated in our nsswitch) it ORs the expected query (what we get from our sun machines) with (uniqueMember=uid=blah blah blah).

this made logins take 6 seconds.
We upgraded to the latest nss_ldap module for redhat (fixes bugs with attribute mapping), and then mapped unqieMember to memberUid in ldap.conf and logins are now fast

We only cared about stopping logins from taking 6 seconds, since we do absolutely nothing with uniqueMember.

If you are trying to index uniqueMember to speed up red hat logins then this might help, otherwise I can't help you:)

-Patrick