Re: Cannot Index uniqueMember ( uniqueMemberMatch)

Please correct me if I'm wrong but:

I would guess (educated guess) that you cannot index on uniqueMember because it is a multi valued attribute. Whereas, uid and cn are only single valued attributes (only one uid and cn are allowed within an entry).

Thanks,
Gary Allen

Wachdorf, Daniel R wrote:

I am trying to setup indexing for the attribute uniqueMember.  I have added
the following line to my slapd.conf

index uniqueMember eq

When I start slapd in debug mode it get:

/usr/local/etc/openldap/slapd.conf: line 69: equality index of attribute
"uniqueMember" disallowed

I have tried 2.2.7, 2.2.8, 2.1.19. All three versions seem to have the same
problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

-dan
Daniel Wachdorf
drwachd@sandia.gov
Sandia National Laboratories
System Security Research and Integration
505-284-8060