Re: ldap_add: Naming violation (64)

--On Friday, February 27, 2004 4:31 PM +1100 King Lung Chiu <csklc@farrer.hpc.csiro.au> wrote:

where ldif.eg looks like:

 dn:dc=hpc,dc=csiro,dc=au
 objectclass:top
 objectclass:organizationalUnit
 ou:hpc

however, I'm getting the following errors:

 Enter LDAP Password:
 adding new entry "dc=hpc,dc=csiro,dc=au"
 ldapadd: update failed: dc=hpc,dc=csiro,dc=au
 ldap_add: Naming violation (64)
         additional info: naming attribute 'dc' is not present in entry
I've tried adding 'dc: hpc' to ldif.eg as suggested by many replies to
similar problems found on this archive:

 dn:dc=hpc,dc=csiro,dc=au
 dc:hpc
 objectclass:top
 objectclass:organizationalUnit
 ou:hpc

but such a change gives another error:

 Enter LDAP Password:
 adding new entry "dc=hpc,dc=csiro,dc=au"
 ldapadd: update failed: dc=hpc,dc=csiro,dc=au
 ldap_add: Object class violation (65)
         additional info: attribute 'dc' not allowed

The "attribute 'dc' not allowed" error also occurs irrespective of which
line I place 'dc:hpc' on.

So any ideas how I can add my ldif entries?

Yes, it should be:

dn: ou=hpc,dc=csiro,dc=au
ou: hpc
objectclass: top