ldap_add: Naming violation (64)

Hi,

I'm trying to add some entries into an ldap server:

 $ /usr/bin/ldapadd -H ldap://0.0.0.0:391/ -D \
   "cn=root,dc=b1,dc=hpc,dc=csiro,dc=au" -x -W -f ldif.eg

where ldif.eg looks like:

 dn:dc=hpc,dc=csiro,dc=au
 objectclass:top
 objectclass:organizationalUnit
 ou:hpc

however, I'm getting the following errors:

 Enter LDAP Password:
 adding new entry "dc=hpc,dc=csiro,dc=au"
 ldapadd: update failed: dc=hpc,dc=csiro,dc=au
 ldap_add: Naming violation (64)
         additional info: naming attribute 'dc' is not present in entry

My slapd.conf includes core.schema (which has 'dc' defined), and looks
like:

 include /etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
 include /etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema
 include /etc/openldap/schema/nis.schema

 pidfile         /var/run/openldap/slapd3.pid
 argsfile        /var/run/openldap/slapd3.args

 database        bdb
 suffix          "dc=hpc,dc=csiro,dc=au"
 rootdn          "cn=root,dc=b1,dc=hpc,dc=csiro,dc=au"
 rootpw          xxxxxxx
 directory       /var/lib/openldap3-ldbm

I've tried adding 'dc: hpc' to ldif.eg as suggested by many replies to
similar problems found on this archive:

 dn:dc=hpc,dc=csiro,dc=au
 dc:hpc
 objectclass:top
 objectclass:organizationalUnit
 ou:hpc

but such a change gives another error:

 Enter LDAP Password:
 adding new entry "dc=hpc,dc=csiro,dc=au"
 ldapadd: update failed: dc=hpc,dc=csiro,dc=au
 ldap_add: Object class violation (65)
         additional info: attribute 'dc' not allowed

The "attribute 'dc' not allowed" error also occurs irrespective of which
line I place 'dc:hpc' on.

So any ideas how I can add my ldif entries?

regards,

King Lung Chiu