Re: Recommended BerkleyDB version for use with OpenLDAP 2.1.25 (and later)

I'm curious about the BDB version as well.
A previous post today indicated that the RPM's from www.symas.com could be used to upgrade/replace the LDAP installation on RedHat 9 to get access to newer/better features.

However, when I surf over to: "http://www.symas.net/download/connexitor/cds/linux-i386/RelNotes-1.5-5.txt";, I see that the latest RPM there contains:

<quote>

December 22, 2003

Release Notes for Connexitor Directory Services, version 1.5.5

This release of CDS contains the following component versions:

OpenLDAP 2.1.23+

       BDB 4.1.25        + patch#1 (there's only 1)

       Cyrus SASL 2.1.15

       OpenSSL 0.9.6k

</quote>

I'm guessing that the component versions from symas work well together. But if one wanted to use newer versions, I assume one needs to get the latest component source (and patches) and build it from the source (and potentially build RPMS).

Perhaps off topic, but are there other known sites with RPMs or distributions? (for RedHat Fedora or OpenBSD for instance)

I applogize in advance if this post is too far off topic (or otherwise senseless).

r,
Lance
http://www.newparticles.com/