Re: LDAP anonymous and encrypted simple authentication

Tony Earnshaw wrote:

> tir, 20.01.2004 kl. 16.12 skrev Vegeta:
>
>> 1. anonymous authentication does not require encryption
>> 2. simple authentication requires encryption
>>
>> Is this possible?
>
> Why would you want to? Do you have cracker friends? Think it through
> again. Read the manuals, follow the Quick start guide and then the Admin
> guide.
I currently have ldap (unencrypted) access on loopback (127.0.0.1) interface
and ldaps access (encrypted) on all interfaces.
There is some (not all) data I want to make available via anonymous access
and I don't need SSL/TLS to protect it.
There is some sensitive data I do not want to make available via anonymous
access, but through SSL encrypted simple (password) authentication.
What is the security hole you see?
I already read the Admin guide and it does not explain this setup.

--
Fuera Chávez