Re: Master slapd doesn't update

Hallo Jorge,

In 30 minutes I will have New Year, thus I am already a bit drunk, however I would like you to notice following things:

1) Whenever you are trying to update slave, slave will send you "Referral" thus redirecting you to master in order to make update master and for slurpd to propagate changes to slaves

2) There *must* a special DN in slaves which is allowed to make changes in slaves. This dn is used by slurpd to bind to slaves. In case if there is no such dn there will no be no way for slurpd to update slave, slave will always redirect you to master. You defined this dn as

binddn="cn=admin,o=ilc"

3) Now when binding to slave using this dn and making update, slave will think that you are slurpd and will not redirect you to master.

4) You have chosen that dn as rootdn, and most probably bind to slaves using this dn. That's why redirection is not working in your case.

Best regards, vadim tarassov.

Jorge Lage wrote:

Hey, I have looked at various posts about thi same issue,
but I couldn't find a clear solution.
I have 3 slapd servers running. The master (host= toby) one,
where slurpd is also ran. And two more (pc-ericp and pc-ckim)
in my co-worker computers.
The problem is that if I, the master change something, it *is*
updated to the other servers, but if the slaves change
something it changes only locally and it does not propagate
those changes.
I guess there is something wrong with my slapd.conf file of
the slaves.
So here it is:
====================SLAVE====================
ucdata-path "C:/openldap/OpenLDAP/data"
include  "C:/openldap/openldap/schema/core.schema"
include  "C:/openldap/openldap/schema/cosine.schema"
include  "C:/openldap/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema"
include  "C:/openldap/openldap/schema/ilc.schema"

allow bind_v2

database bdb
suffix  "o=ilc"
rootdn  "cn=admin,o=ilc"
rootpw  secret
directory "C:/openldap/openldap/data"

referral ldap://toby
updatedn "cn=admin,o=ilc"
====================SLAVE====================
And my master conf file:
====================MASTER===================
ucdata-path "C:/openldap/OpenLDAP/data"
include "C:/openldap/openldap/schema/core.schema"
include "C:/openldap/openldap/schema/cosine.schema"
include "C:/openldap/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema"
include "C:/openldap/openldap/schema/ilc.schema"
allow bind_v2
database bdb
suffix "o=ilc"
rootdn "cn=admin,o=ilc"
rootpw secret
directory "C:/openldap/openldap/data"
replica host=pc-ericp:389
binddn="cn=admin,o=ilc"
bindmethod=simple
credentials=secret
replica host=pc-ckim:389
binddn="cn=admin,o=ilc"
bindmethod=simple
credentials=secret
replogfile "C:\\openldap\\openldap\\log\\slapd.replog"
Anybody?
Thanks!
Jorge E. Lage
Research & Development