Re: SASL version Mismatch when running OpenLDAP "make test".

tir, 23.12.2003 kl. 11.55 skrev Michael Lackner:

> I'm afraid this might be the wrong mailinglist for this, so please tell
> me if i should post it elsewhere. Otherwise, any help would be appreciated
> as always.

Dunno where you'd go otherwise :)

> I have been told earlier, that i have installed BDB / SASL / OpenLDAP in
> the wrong order, installing Cyrus-SASL after LDAP. I reinstalled my RedHat 9
> test station for a fresh restart, but RH9 comes with an older SASL Version
> pre-installed.
>
> I recompiled Cyrus-SASL 2.1.17 and installed it, creating the soft link as suggested
> in the SASL manual (ln -s /usr/local/lib/sasl2 /usr/lib/sasl2).

O.k.

> When running OpenLDAP's "make test", test000-rootdse fails. A quick look at
> the master.log in /tests/test-db revealed this:
>
> [...]
> slapd init: initated server.
> slap_sasl_init: SASL version mismatch, got 201000a. wanted 2010011.
> slapd shutdown: freeing system resources.
> slapd stopped.
> [...]
>
> Clearly a Cyrus-SASL problem because of two versions being installed. How
> can i resolve this mismatch? I can't just uninstall the previous SASL rpm package
> because of the dependencies.

I run RedHat Enterprise Server 3, which has much in common with RH 9 -
as far as utilities are concerned. It has both SASL 1 and 2 (2.1.15),
BDB 4.1.25 as standard. And Openldap 2.0.27. Yet I was able to compile
and install my own BDB 4.2.52 and Openldap 2.1.25 - ripped out the
2.0.27 server rpms, kept the client libraries for dependencies. I
compiled and installed SASL 2.1.15 all over again to get it into
/usr/local, after "mving" /usr/lib/sasl2 (I have my own, extra auxprop
libraries I want) and made the symlink. I've read too much about 2.1.17
being unstable to want it yet.

Simply tell the Openldap compile where to look for its header files and
libraries. Make sure all the new stuff goes to /usr/local, to avoid
conflicts. My "do-conf" file looks like (remember I have this new BDB,
you don't):

LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib/sasl2
-L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib" \
CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/ssl/include/openssl -I/usr/local/include
-I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/include" \
LIBS="-lssl -lcrypt -lsasl2" \
        ./configure \
	--other-stuff