SASL version Mismatch when running OpenLDAP "make test".

Hello!

I'm afraid this might be the wrong mailinglist for this, so please tell
me if i should post it elsewhere. Otherwise, any help would be appreciated
as always.

I have been told earlier, that i have installed BDB / SASL / OpenLDAP in
the wrong order, installing Cyrus-SASL after LDAP. I reinstalled my RedHat 9
test station for a fresh restart, but RH9 comes with an older SASL Version
pre-installed.

I recompiled Cyrus-SASL 2.1.17 and installed it, creating the soft link as suggested
in the SASL manual (ln -s /usr/local/lib/sasl2 /usr/lib/sasl2).

When running OpenLDAP's "make test", test000-rootdse fails. A quick look at
the master.log in /tests/test-db revealed this:

[...]
slapd init: initated server.
slap_sasl_init: SASL version mismatch, got 201000a. wanted 2010011.
slapd shutdown: freeing system resources.
slapd stopped.
[...]

Clearly a Cyrus-SASL problem because of two versions being installed. How
can i resolve this mismatch? I can't just uninstall the previous SASL rpm package
because of the dependencies.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Michael Lackner
--
Montanuniversität Leoben
Institut für angewandte Mathematik und Geometrie