Re[2]: SASL error messages - still don't get it

Hello Howard,

>>   And there is "SASL [conn=2957] Failure: Could not open db" error
>>   message in slapd.log (see below), but it seems that it's not affect
>>   anything to fail - what is that message about?
HC> Most likely they're coming from the sasldb plugin. It's always built by
HC> default unless you configure SASL --with-dblib=none. If all your users are in
HC> LDAP then you're best off deleting the libsasldb from your system.

    OK, i get it.

>>   Software:
>>   FreeBSD-4.8R-p13
>>   openldap-2.1.23
HC> Please update to the current OpenLDAP release (at least 2.1.25). Among other
HC> important bug fixes, the ldapsasl README file has also been updated with more
HC> usage notes.

    I wanted to, but there is still 2.1.23 port in FreeBSD port
    collection (it's this week cvsup). I think, i'll do this port by
    myself and take a look if it will work. Also i'll have to change
    ldapdb-auxprop port (it's my own port for my comfort while
    installing auxprop plugin) because SASL is already 2.1.17 now, and
    old ldapdb-auxprop port based on 2.1.15 distfile of SASL

>> /usr/local/lib/sasl2/slapd.conf:
>> pwcheck_method: auxprop
>> ldapdb_uri: ldap:///
>> ldapdb_id: cyradm
>> ldapdb_pw: password
>> ldapdb_mech: DIGEST-MD5
HC> NEVER DO THIS. Delete this file. See the most recent ldapsasl README file for
HC> details.

    OK, i'll do this too. AFAIR in ldapdb README file, there you are
    recommending to put string "auxprop_plugin: slapd" in this file so
    i'll do that this way. And i will mail to list about result.

--
Best regards,
 Alexander                            mailto:lan_mailing@startatom.ru