Re: encode and not to encode ???

> Hi everyone,
> I'm setting up qmail-ldap. So I used OpenLDAP 2.1.22 to organise my
> database. Everything works fine when I add the user with the following
> info: --
> dn: mail=tankhoasp@domain.com,o=mail-accounts
> cn: Nguyen Tan Khoa
> sn: Nguyen
> objectClass: top
> objectClass: inetOrgPerson
> objectClass: qmailUser
> mailHost: domain.com
> mail: tankhoasp@domain.com
> mailMessageStore: tankhoasp/
> mailQuotaSize: 1000000
> mailQuotaCount: 1000
> uid: tankhoasp
> userPassword: {MD5}...
> mailAlternateAddress: tankhoasp@yahoo.com
> --
>
> However, when I try to lookup for this entry in the database, some
> fields have been changed (being encoded to base64 encoding).

This encoding is only for displaying purpose,
the values are stored independently from how
you see them with ldapsearch.

If you see the "userPassword" encoded, that's because
it is not printable; if you see a "cn" base64 encoded
that's 99% because there's a trailing space, a carriage
return or something like that in it.  Check your data.

--
Pierangelo Masarati
mailto:pierangelo.masarati@sys-net.it