encode and not to encode ???

Hi everyone,
I'm setting up qmail-ldap. So I used OpenLDAP 2.1.22 to organise my database. Everything works fine when I add the user with the following info:
--
dn: mail=tankhoasp@domain.com,o=mail-accounts
cn: Nguyen Tan Khoa
sn: Nguyen
objectClass: top
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
objectClass: qmailUser
mailHost: domain.com
mail: tankhoasp@domain.com
mailMessageStore: tankhoasp/
mailQuotaSize: 1000000
mailQuotaCount: 1000
uid: tankhoasp
userPassword: {MD5}...
mailAlternateAddress: tankhoasp@yahoo.com
--

However, when I try to lookup for this entry in the database, some fields have been changed (being encoded to base64 encoding). So my qmail-ldap server cannot work because of this problem.

I've read already the document at www.openldap.org but I can't figure out the way to force LDAP not to encode these fields.

Any suggestion is highly appreciated???? (i'm in urgent case)

BT Yahoo! Broadband - Save £80 when you order online today. Hurry! Offer ends 21st December 2003. The way the internet was meant to be.