Re: no structuralObject in entry?

ok, I've done some checking around, and I found a link I hadn't found
before.  Took me to a page on the openldap faq-o-matic  that said this:

No structuralObjectClass operational attribute
This is commonly returned when a shadow server is provided an entry which
does not contain the structuralObjectClass operational attribute.

At the risk of sounding completely stupid, which is how I feel, what the
heck does that mean?  What is a shadow server?  I've grepped the schema's
and nothing in there is a structuralObjectClass?