Re: BDB 4.2 and mucking things up

tir, 09.12.2003 kl. 15.40 skrev Ben Poliakoff:

> My solution in such environments has always been to build a dedicated
> version of BDB in a non-standard location using the --prefix= configure
> flag (say perhaps /usr/local/bdb).  Then I know that I won't ever build
> software that accidentally links to the newer version.  And on the flip
> side I just have to jump through some small hoops to make sure that
> openldap *does* use the newer version by using environment variables
> like this:
>
>     CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/bdb/include
>     LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/bdb/lib
>
> Works for me.

O.k., this was what I was doing when my distro was using BDB 3 and
Openldap needed 4.x. Never had any problems doing it that way; I guess
I'll give it a whirl. It'll be interesting to see whether I have to
rebuild my BDB database - at least I keep my slapcat'ted ldif file up to
date.

Thanks Andreas and Ben :)

--Tonni

--