Re: Internal (implementation specific) error (80)

Hi,

Jürgen Magin <gaston@octo-soft.de> writes:

> Hi list
>
> I'm working with Samba 3.0 and OpenLDAP 2.1.22 and looks fine but
> when i try to change user passwords it fails.

> dn: cn=NN2$,ou=Hardware,ou=Netzwerk,dc=rfsystems,dc=de
> uid: NN2$
>
> ok, but when i try to change the password of NN2$ then it
> fails with :
>
> ntadmin@rfserver:~> ldappasswd NN2$
> SASL/DIGEST-MD5 authentication started
> Please enter your password:
> ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Internal (implementation specific) error (80)
>         additional info: SASL(-13): user not found: no secret in database
>
> I'm using certificates while ldap told me it's not allowed to
> change passwords with simple authentication.
>
> Any help will be appreciated.

Read man ldappasswd and other related manual pages.
If you have a certificate with a correct set DN and a fully
functioning TLS environment, you should use the -Y
and -ZZ flags, that is 'ldappasswd -Y EXTERNAL -ZZ <user>'.
Otherwise you have to do a simple bind by applying the -D flag.

-Dieter

--
Dieter Kluenter  | Systemberatung
Tel:040.64861967 | Fax: 040.64891521